He was the grandson of the famous zoologist T.
Huxley, best remembered now as an early defender of Charles Darwin's views. Aldous wrote a dozen novels, two of which at least can be considered Science Fiction -- his most famous, Brave New World , and his last, Island.
Huxley also wrote short stories, poetry, many many essays, and screenplays. Late in his life he gained some notoriety for using the drugs mescaline and LSD, and for a book, The Doors of Perception , about his experience with mescaline. Cancel anytime.
- File history.
- Related content in Oxford Reference.
- dance the antic hay?
I listened to this whole book. I kept waiting for one character I could relate to or admire.
I did not like it at all. By: Aldous Huxley. Narrated by: Robert Whitfield.
Length: 9 hrs and 6 mins. The major literatures written in English outside the British Isles are treated separately under American literature,…. History at your fingertips.
Review: Antic Hay by Aldous Huxley
Sign up here to see what happened On This Day , every day in your inbox! By signing up, you agree to our Privacy Notice.
- Progress in Self Psychology, V. 13: Conversations in Self Psychology.
- Reviews, Commentary, Essays, Poetry?
- Top Posts & Pages.
- Basic mathematics for college students;
- RT: Vol. 1: Chapter 6:Globalizing Your Business: A Practical Approach to International Expansion (The Refractive Thinker)!
- The Grenadier Guards (Men-at-Arms, Volume 73).
- The Planet Mars: A History of Observation and Discovery.
Be on the lookout for your Britannica newsletter to get trusted stories delivered right to your inbox. More About.